Finally, I decided to get rid of my crap Grenadine by making my own one.
Pomegranate also originally means the seeded apple and it’s origins come from Persian. It was spread all over the Orient, from Turkey to Afghanistan.
Real pomegranate juice is kind of close to cranberry juice, deeper in taste with a vegetable (tomato) veil, but to me, not rich enough. So, I decided to add spices and flowers in my recipe.
If you can not make your own pomegranate fresh juice, you can substitute by POM juice.
- 2cups Fresh Pomegranate Juice (ザクロジュース)
- 2cups Demerara or Turbinado Sugar (デメララ糖か中白糖)
- Dried Hibiscus (ドライヒビスカス)
- Cassia Bark (桂皮)
- Cloves (クローブ)
- Black Pepper (黒胡椒)
- Allspice (optional) (オールスパイス)
- 2oz. Vokka (for longer conservation)
- Add all ingredients but vokka in a saucepan and turn on low heat
- Stir constantly until the sugar dissolve
- Double strain, cool it down and add the Vokka