AH ! Just came back from NYC and have finished my detox week (yes, NYC broke me, 2 weeks of constant cocktail exploration, observation and fun. not even a day of rest. NYC, I love You !).
Time to get back on one’s feet !
I took a week to explore new ingredients, seed some new amazing plants, talk with people and read few recipe books.
And I came to an amazing recipe called New York.
This cocktail is pretty interesting but way to unballanced and lack of richness to me.
So at the end, here is what I came with, another version of the drink, way less sour, sweeter with a pinch of Marascino (love that old fashioned taste, used as a dash) and some bitters to reinforce scents.
Finally, New Brooklyn sounded to me fitted as a way to see the New NYC
- 2oz. Bourbon Whiskey
- 0,5oz. Lime
- 0,5oz. Homemade Spicy Grenadine (スパイシーグレネーディン)
- 0,5 tsp. Marascino Liqueur
- Wash : Absinthe
- Garnish : Orange Zest, Griottine, Flamed Absinthe
- Add all ingredients in a shaker and shake shake ‘til you wake up Brooklyn’s Earthquake
- Wash your chilled cocktail glass with Absinthe and strain
- Perfume it with an orange zest
- Add Garnish
- Flame (caramelize) it with absinthe